News Of the day

NEWS OF THE DAY

The Supreme Court refused anticipatory bail to controversial Kerala activist, Rehana Fathima

A Supreme Court bench dismissed Kerala activist Rehana Fathima’s plea seeking anticipatory bail in the case related to a controversial video with her children. After the Kerala High Court refused her pre-arrest bail, Rehana’s counsel had moved the top court challenging the high court order late July. Rehana was booked under sections of the POCSO Act (Protection of Children from Sexual Offences) after she uploaded a video of her children painting on her semi-naked body. A bench led by Justice Arun Mishra rejected the plea, stating that prima facie, POCSO charges apply to the accused activist in the case. The activist’s counsel Advocate Gopal Sankaranarayan had argued that section 13 of POCSO (using a child in any media, for the purpose of sexual gratification) will not apply to the activist as the “children are fully clothed in the video. Supreme Court Justice Mishra expressed bafflement at the ‘kind of case’ brought before the court and Dismissed her Petition.

  • By INTO LEGAL WORLD
  • Posted On Fri, 07 Aug 2020 07:05 PM

A petition filed in the Supreme Court seeking postponement of JEE(Main) April 2020 and NEET-Undergraduate examinations in light of Increasing cases of COVID 19

The petition, filed by 11 students belonging to 11 states, said that the authorities be directed to conduct these exams only after the normalcy is restored. The petition said that the entrance exams should be conducted when the situation of COVID-19 is under control and normalcy is achieved. The petition also said that the government’s decisions to conduct the exam were “utterly arbitrary, whimsical and violative of the students’ fundamental right to life”.The petition filed by the students said, “Conducting the aforesaid examination across India at such perilous time, is nothing else but putting lives of lakhs of young students at utmost risk and danger of disease and death.” The urged the Supreme Court to direct the testing agency to conduct the exam only when the situation is feasible.

  • By INTO LEGAL WORLD
  • Posted On Fri, 07 Aug 2020 07:04 PM

Central Bureau of Investigation registered FIR against six accused including Rhea Chakraborty Sushant Singh Rajput's death

The FIR is lodged against Rhea Chakraborty, Indrajit Chakraborty, Sandhya Chakraborty, Showik Chakraborty, Samuel Miranda, Shruti Modi, and others involved in the case. Patna Police had registered an FIR under various sections of the IPC related to alleged criminal conspiracy, cheating and abetment to suicide among others on his complaint against Rajput’s friend Rhea Chakraborty. The CBI earlier got in touch with Bihar Police as it finalized an FIR in a case related to Sushant's death. The case has been handed over to the CBI after a reference in this regard from the Bihar Government was received by the Centre The CBI has decided to get the probe done by a Special Investigation Team (SIT) under Superintendent of Police Nupur Prasad and will be supervised by DIG Gagandeep Gambhir and Joint Director Manoj Shashidhar, both senior IPS officers from Gujarat cadre.

  • By INTO LEGAL WORLD
  • Posted On Fri, 07 Aug 2020 04:27 PM

Common-Law Admission Test 2020 has been postponed again due to increasing cases of COVID19 in India

The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2020 which was scheduled to be held on August 22 has been postponed till further notice. The exam has been postponed for the fourth time. Prof Balraj Chouhan, Vice-Chancellor of Dharmashastra National Law University (DNLU), Jabalpur and Convenor of this year's exam, confirmed that the exam has been postponed. The decision to postpone the exam, which was earlier scheduled to be held on August 22, was taken by the Consortium of National Law Universities. CLAT 2020 was initially slated to be held on 10 May and has been pushed back ever since then due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

  • By INTO LEGAL WORLD
  • Posted On Thu, 06 Aug 2020 03:12 PM

Delhi High Court rejected a plea challenging the policy of the Indian Army which requires all members of the armed forces to delete their social media accounts

According to the June 6 policy, all Indian Army personnel were ordered to delete their accounts from Facebook, Instagram, and 87 other applications. The Delhi High Court dismissed a senior Army officer’s plea challenging the Indian Army’s recent policy banning armed forces personnel from using social networking platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. A bench of justices Rajiv Sahai Endlaw and Asha Menon while pronouncing the order said: “ We are dismissing this petition.” The Army officer had sought an interim relief that he be allowed to retain his Facebook (FB) account in a deactivated form till the court decides whether to entertain his petition after going through the Army’s policy under challenge.

  • By INTO LEGAL WORLD
  • Posted On Thu, 06 Aug 2020 03:07 PM

Previous 1 2 3 4 5  ... Next